Follow our quick and easy tips to help control your portion sizes at meal times…
- Always have a glass of water with your meal – Take a sip every few mouthfuls to trick your brain into feeling fuller and most importantly to keep hydrated.
- Base your meal around the vegetables – they are tasty, packed with vitamins and low in calories.
- Use a smaller plate – Quite often it is easy to pile your plate with food so stick to a small plate to stop you over indulging.
- Don’t have seconds – Enjoy one serving of your meal and freezer bag/container any leftovers before you sit down to eat to stop you going in for seconds.
- Take your time – Chew your food properly and savour every bite. It takes your brain a few minutes to register that you are full so if you rush your meal and think your still hungry you are probably mistaken.
- Sit at the table – Avoid all distractions and ensure your not in front of a screen whilst you eat to enjoy your food. Eating while watching TV stops your brain from registering your food properly.
At Tonic Weight Loss Surgery not only do we pride ourselves in providing outstanding weight loss procedures performed by leading bariatric surgeons, but we also make sure that post surgery you have the network of support around you to ensure you reach your weight loss goals and transform your life. Our free 2-5 year aftercare package includes personal trainers, psychotherapists, dietitian’s and 24/7 specialist nurses.
Speak to our expert weight loss team and book your free consultation today.