Follow our top tips to help you avoid late night snacking…
1. Eat a good healthy dinner so your less hungry – ensuring it includes lean protein, vitamin packed vegetables, fibre and whole grains.
2. Treat yourself in other ways – run a bath and read a book, try meditation or yoga, paint your nails so you cant stick your hand in a bag of crips, start a new hobby, try adult colouring books or write a diary.
3. Go to bed earlier – you should aim for 7-9 hours of sleep a night. You will wake up feeling so much fresher ready to make the most of a new day!
4. Grab a drink instead – slowly sipping tricks your brain in to feeling full. Herbal teas and water are the best for an evening wind down. If you don’t like the taste of water add a slice of lemon or try your other favourite fruits to jazz it up and add flavour.
5. Be prepared – If you have tried all the above and still crave a snack make sure your stocked up on healthy alternatives like raw vegetable carrot and celery sticks with a low fat dip, fruit or nuts and seeds. Don’t keep any naughty treats in your cupboards to avoid temptation.
At Tonic Weight Loss Surgery not only do we pride ourselves in providing outstanding weight loss procedures performed by leading bariatric surgeons, but we also make sure that post surgery you have the network of support around you to ensure you reach your weight loss goals and transform your life. Our free 2-5 year aftercare package includes personal trainers, psychotherapists, dietitian’s and 24/7 specialist nurses.
Book your free consultation with our Weight Loss Expert Bariatric Surgeons today.