If your feeling tired during the day and feeling low perhaps all you need is a good night rest. Follow our top tips for getting a good night sleep…
- Watch what you eat – Eating too much too late or not enough will leave you uncomfortable or hungry, making for an unrestful night.
- Un plug – Its tempting to sit there flicking through Facebook or watch Netflix until midnight but the glare of screens is very disruptive and stops you winding down. Have a no screen policy in bed and avoid having a TV in your bedroom.
- Dim the lights – Use clever ambient lighting or invest in body clock lighting technology which aids a good night sleep. Ensuring its not too bright when your going to sleep is essential.
- Take a hot shower or relaxing bath – A soak in hot water relaxes your muscles and relieves any aches and pains, its also calms your mind and anxiety. Add natural relaxant herb Lavender essential oil to soothe your body and take away stress.
- Stick to a routine – Try to get into the habit of going to bed and getting up at the same time – even at weekends or on holidays. Your body will automatically know when its time to sleep and wake up. Add some form of exercise into your daily schedule to help you fall asleep faster and deeper. However not too close to bedtime as that could actually energise you.
At Tonic Weight Loss Surgery not only do we pride ourselves in providing outstanding weight loss procedures performed by leading bariatric surgeons, but we also make sure that post surgery you have the network of support around you to ensure you reach your weight loss goals and transform your life. Our free 2-5 year aftercare package includes personal trainers, psychotherapists, dietitian’s and 24/7 specialist nurses.