Stress is one of the root causes of weight gain. Follow our tips to beat stress and keep calm…
1. Exercise – Being active helps to release endorphins, the chemicals in your body that make you feel good. It can not only be good fun but helps clear your mind to deal with whatever problems life throws at you.
2. Meditate – Practising mindfulness by concentrating your mind on the present internal and external experience has proven health benefits. Even setting aside 10 minutes a day can help you control stress and decrease anxieties.
3. Breathe – Most adults only use 30% of their breathing capacity which can lead to panic attacks at stressful times and some people even develop “email-apnea” holding their breath whilst writing emails. Learn a few simple breathing exercises which stretch your diaphragm to release those feel good endorphins and take control.
4. Set Goals – Challenge yourself by learning new skills and setting targets to give yourself a sense of achievement and build your confidence, which in turn helps you to combat stress.
5. Help others – Wether you donate time to someone in need, volunteer or give to charity it will all help you feel good, realise your problems are little compared to problems around the world and help stress fade away.
At Tonic Weight Loss Surgery not only do we pride ourselves in providing outstanding weight loss procedures performed by leading bariatric surgeons, but we also make sure that post surgery you have the network of support around you to ensure you reach your weight loss goals and transform your life. Our free 2-5 year aftercare package includes personal trainers, psychotherapists, dietitian’s and 24/7 specialist nurses.
Speak to a member of our expert weight loss team for more information and book your free consultation today.