5 Tips: How to Eat Healthy at a Restaurant
From Tonic Weight Loss Surgery Specialist Dietitian, Gary Young
1. Stick to a main course and use a smaller plate or eat half and put the rest in a takeaway bag for the next day.
2. Choose fresh fruit for dessert which will not only contribute to your recommended 5 fruit and vegetables a day but should stop those sweet tooth cravings.
3. Choose drier dishes as sauces tend to be high in calories.
4. Plan ahead and download the menu beforehand so you can choose the healthier options. Some menus now show the calorie contents to help you decide.
5. Ask for extra salad or vegetables to make a more nutritious filling meal without the added refined carbohydrates such as white bread.